Respawn is hiring!
Respawn offers not only competitive salaries, benefits and a great work environment, but an opportunity to work on an exciting new IP with talented developers who have worked on some of the biggest video game titles in history.
Want to stay up to date on all current openings? Our recruiting Twitter keeps you informed: @RespawnJobs
- Receive guests, packages, etc at reception
- Answer and screen calls
- Restock kitchen
- Handle food orders
- Assist HR and Executive Assistant with various admin work
- Run errands
- Keep kitchen and general office areas tidy
- Assist with facilities as needed
- Assist with employee team building activities
- Get conference room ready before/after meetings
- Handle office mail, Fedex/UPS, etc.
- 2+ years professional administrative experience
- Pleasant disposition, positive attitude
- Extremely organized
- Meticulous with details
- Proactive self-starter, strong work eithic
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Great at juggling multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Helpful and supportive team-player
- Passion for video games a plus
UI Artist – Temporary/Contract
Respawn Entertainment is seeking a temporary UI Artist to help establish the look of our game’s UI design.
- Create visually appealing and informative user interface design for use in game. Be the visionary for the look/feel of UI, menus, logos, etc.
- Strong graphic design and 2D art skills
- Portfolio of modern, innovative, and aesthetically appealing graphic design work
- Experience with designing menus, user interfaces, logos, and /or other visual displays for games, movies, or websites, etc.
- Strong work ethic, ability to work with little supervision.
- Break the game and accurately explain how you did it.
- Adhere to test plans and schedules. Accomplish assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Become an expert in assigned areas.
- Use bug tracking software to report bugs.
- Work closely with and follow instruction provided by QA Manager and developers.
- Assist with creation of test plans as needed.
- Document all issues accurately and completely.
- Work effectively within the team to carry out group assigned tasks.
- Take pride in your work, strive to create the most bug free game possible.
- Local candidates only, please. Must be able to work on-site at our Los Angeles area location.
- At least 1 year of previous testing experience in gaming or software development.
- Experience testing full developmental cycle for shipped games a plus.
- Experience testing multiplayer games preferred.
- Talent for breaking games, finding tricky bugs, etc.
- Familiarity with bug tracking software packages.
- Experience as an embedded tester on a development team a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter.
- Positive attitude, team player.
- Unquenchable passion for games.
- Passion for striving to create bug-free games.
- Experience in a game development area (such as animation, code, etc) a plus.
IT Systems Administrator
We're looking for a "Jack Of All Trades" IT Systems Administrator. You will have a wide range of responsibilities, with daily activities ranging from standard helpdesk support to extensive application infrastructure deployment. This is not an entry level position and will require a lot of self-guidance on day-to-day activities.
- Daily tech/helpdesk support for desktops, laptops, server hardware, network infrastructure, and game development hardware.
- Administer Microsoft Windows Server with various Roles (e.g. Active Directory, File Services, Print and Document Services, IIS, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Enforce company security policies (software updates, passwords, network, etc.)
- Research and recommend new hardware, software, and infrastructure purchases and upgrades.
- Install and support server and user hardware and software and operating systems.
- Perform daily system monitoring, ensuring the health and availability of network and server resources.
- Monitor and verify daily, weekly, and monthly backups. Perform data restores as necessary.
- Assist with all infrastructure upgrades, additions, and moves.
- Maintain up to date software, system upgrades, patches, etc.
- Assist the office administrative team when required with non-IT specific tasks.
- Install and configure A/V systems, including TVs, 5.1 audio systems, projectors, game consoles and development kits.
- Broad knowledge of common IT practices and procedures relating to system and network administration. Minimum of three years of professional experience.
- Experience with administration and deployment of Perforce (P4S, P4D, P4V) or similar versioning system.
- Ability to build, install, configure, and troubleshoot all types of computers, servers, and networked equipment.
- Deep knowledge with Windows (Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012) a must. Linux experience a plus.
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting a wide variety of end user and infrastructure issues relating to hardware, software, and networking.
- Experience with local and networked file systems and protocols (i.e. NFS, DFS, NTFS, iSCSI, etc.)
- Solid practical knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 Professional in an Active Directory environment.
- Attention to detail, time management skills, and the ability to work alone as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels.
- Basic administrative scripting (Batch, PowerShell, Python, Perl, VB, etc.).
- A high level of confidentiality.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Passion for video games.
- Experience with Linux/BSD.
- Experience maintaining and developing PHP, MySQL, Perl, etc.
- Experience in the game industry.