Login

* Register
View unread posts

* Search 

[ 768 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 31  Next

06 Jun 2012, 02:22

I think the (temporary) voice acting makes it all worse, plus, the lines they have to say are so cliché and predictable; "Get out of there!" "Watch our back!" "Ram them out of our way!", etc. most sentences are in imperative.
Actually, everything that is happening is over the top and cliché.

And then this comment that I read: Mason never ages?

06 Jun 2012, 02:30

Yes yes, there's a lot of cliches.

And something I forgot to mention above: "any more foreign leaders"

How many exactly have they lost and how do they plan to get away with it?

06 Jun 2012, 04:16

If only other developers take notice how Activision's creative ship is "sinking"! However, if the game is able to reap 7-15million copies I fear gaming is in for a more deeper depression!

I like well made shooters but COD has killed any other genre; I'm already tired of the psuedo shooter RPG hybrids these developers are flocking too. IMO, they eventually are a shooter at the end of the day regardless of 1st /3rd perspective....

06 Jun 2012, 08:57

ANNIHILATOR90 wrote:
I think the (temporary) voice acting makes it all worse, plus, the lines they have to say are so cliché and predictable; "Get out of there!" "Watch our back!" "Ram them out of our way!", etc. most sentences are in imperative.
Actually, everything that is happening is over the top and cliché.

And then this comment that I read: Mason never ages?

Don't forget the overused, overly dramatic scenes and the "large city brought to its knees by the enemy" atmosphere. The opening mission for BO2 is so similar to MW3's Black Tuesday to me, it is funny.

07 Jun 2012, 20:07

BERSERKPHOENIX wrote:
There are many H8ters and Treyarch FANBOYS around here! Treyarch has made CoD2: Big Red 1, CoD3...so add that to their total....WaW was just a reskinned CoD4 in Ww2....spouting any other nonsense in a Respawn board from the "real" creator of CoD is incredibly funny...

BLOPS 1 by Treyarch tried to be like CoD4 speedwise but with more killstreaks, and even more shennanigans than MW2! These days Call of Duty represents a whole demographic of players who want to play a shooter without using a GUN! Likewise, suffer poor hit detection and more lag than either CoD4 or Mw2.......Is'nt Activision using the same engine that West / Zampella perfected 5 years ago; and still cannot match?

BLOPS 2 is truly digging deep into thin air with the same graphics engine, the same weapons considering it set in the 80's (MP5, M-16, G36-C, M82 Barrett) and then playing "future" soldier in 2025 with what...m-16's that shoot through walls or what a "Stealth - NUKE" in 50 kills??

I sound sarcastic but really what could Treayarch, Sledghammer, Raven or whatever the hell Activision can muster up to program for to make the series any better? If the last few releases show... they keep adding too much gimmick to little or no innovation in less than 18 months for development!!

FInally, a comment from you I could agree a 100% on. Treyarch has done nothing but ride on the former IW's successes and rearrange the same mechanics that MW1 & 2 had introduced. That, and put on slow-mo every 3 seconds.

08 Jun 2012, 04:27

FInally, a comment from you I could agree a 100% on. Treyarch has done nothing but ride on the former IW's successes and rearrange the same mechanics that MW1 & 2 had introduced. That, and put on slow-mo every 3 seconds.[/quote]

Wow, on other threads I thought you were the antithesis of a COD fanboy? But I appreciate that you finally manged to grow a taste for quality...there might be some potential in you just yet?

OT, the split pea soup of BLOPS 2 leaves a sour taste in many gamer's palettes. The E3 demonstration clearly shows signs of desperation, and although the "strike" force missions are focal in BLOPS 2; they failed to mention anything that would have made multiplayer intriguing! Other sites even has them stating that they building multiplayer from the ground up?

What's the big secret? (desperation)

08 Jun 2012, 19:02

Honestly, all I care about the multiplayer, less about Singer Player/Strike Force missions & Zombies.

As long as they remove any form of after-life perks, deathstreaks, support "multi-skill" Stealth Bombers, secondary machine pistols & decent weapon balance in the multiplayer, I'm satisfied with the game.

I didn't expect a new engine for BLOPS2 but I don't expect it from COD developers until the next-gen consoles come out.

Lastly, let's hope they've hired decent PS3 engineers for BLOPS2. I heard they fired the lead PS3 engineer on Black Ops. I'm not a PS3 player but I have played the PS3 version of Black Ops...bloody horrendous compared to the XBOX 360 version.

08 Jun 2012, 21:20

BERSERKPHOENIX wrote:
FInally, a comment from you I could agree a 100% on. Treyarch has done nothing but ride on the former IW's successes and rearrange the same mechanics that MW1 & 2 had introduced. That, and put on slow-mo every 3 seconds.

Wow, on other threads I thought you were the antithesis of a COD fanboy? But I appreciate that you finally manged to grow a taste for quality...there might be some potential in you just yet?

OT, the split pea soup of BLOPS 2 leaves a sour taste in many gamer's palettes. The E3 demonstration clearly shows signs of desperation, and although the "strike" force missions are focal in BLOPS 2; they failed to mention anything that would have made multiplayer intriguing! Other sites even has them stating that they building multiplayer from the ground up?

What's the big secret? (desperation)[/quote]

I'm hardly a fanboy, I haven't even touched a video game for months. I just have different ideas on what makes a game good.

09 Jun 2012, 05:01

My problem with this game is that is modern warfare. There's not futuristic about it. Look at where we were in 2000 and where we are now. Imagine that exact same leap in technology and that's where the new COD should be. But if you look at it, its technology we have now, not future. They clearly wished they had got the Modern Warfare deal and this is what their doing to counter back at it.

10 Jun 2012, 00:19

My prediction:

November-Christmas: Diz iz da best cawwadutie evar!!!!1

January-March: PS3 port is crap, no weapon variety, bad frame rate+Lag overcomp.

March-July: MW3 iz wayyyy bettur!11111!!

July-November: *insert Inferior Ward's next game here* is going to be da best codz ever!!!!

Repeat.

10 Jun 2012, 11:31

davidlsofferman wrote:
My prediction:

January-March: PS3 port is crap, no weapon variety, bad frame rate+Lag overcomp.

July-November: *insert Inferior Ward's next game here* is going to be da best codz ever!!!!

Repeat.

Infinty Ward's next game is going to be next gen

20% Blind COD 4 fanboyism

10 Jun 2012, 12:32

davidlsofferman wrote:
My prediction:

Repeat.

I agree, that will happen again and again some people are so dumb

10 Jun 2012, 12:45

swagwatts wrote:
davidlsofferman wrote:
My prediction:

Repeat.

Nah I don't think so, I believe the next treyarch game will be next generation. I don't think we'll be seeing next generation consoles out by november 2013 except for the Wii U

10 Jun 2012, 13:27

Quagers13 wrote:
swagwatts wrote:
davidlsofferman wrote:
My prediction:

Repeat.

Nah I don't think so, I believe the next treyarch game will be next generation. I don't think we'll be seeing next generation consoles out by november 2013 except for the Wii U

I read that IW's next game is going to be developed for next gen, don't ask me to find where I read it, it was a few days ago.
And with Sledgehammer Games making their own CoD - I think - the cycle could change.

10 Jun 2012, 18:29

If they release the zombies separetly on PSN store, I'll just get that instead. For me, that's really the only strongpoint in 3arc's games.

11 Jun 2012, 04:23

WebberrSK wrote:
If they release the zombies separetly on PSN store, I'll just get that instead. For me, that's really the only strongpoint in 3arc's games.

LOL. that's so cold, but in reality it would sell so much. I would love to read an article on how x million gamers bought Zombies over the CoD release!

21 Jun 2012, 19:56

I think that 3arc decided to take such a risk with the future, because it is their last game on these consoles, under assumption. For the next gen, they are gonna use a new engine and things will change. The feel of cod will have to change. So if they mess up with the future, it won't be so bad. cause when Cod comes on next gen, people will say "zomg holy cow blah blah" (the usual) and get it anyways! "because the graphics finally look better".

22 Jun 2012, 00:32

Does Treyarch actually have a community manager?

22 Jun 2012, 04:32

Isn't it Vaan? Regardless, Treyarch has had plenty of opportunities to shine; the IW engine has more than enough muscle on consoles to perform at 60 frames; the single player campains feature dynamic backgrounds and various effects that would easily translate to fantastic map designs. For that matter how many time have you played a CoD title and wondered why is this map not in multiplayer?

Sadly Treyacrch has "always" opted for the easy out approach and continue to pingeon hole their creativity with less than inspired maps or for that matter lazily constructed rooms attached by mindless corridors (BLOPS / MW3). Clearly in MW/MW2; you can see the scope of ambition and care taken to creating good maps.

I feel if Treyarch can't cut the console scene, they have a better chance at the portable market. I gurantee the Vita with Ad-hoc or wireless network featuring 5v5 or Team Tactical gameplay would clearly dominate in Activision's favor...

Case in point....even though Zipper's Socom failed twice on PS3; for years Socom games were really great on the handheld PSP with 3 titles and was lag free; due to the tailored framework of that console.....Why shouldn't Treyarch seize that opportunity instead of losing face with each new annual release?

22 Jun 2012, 05:45

davidlsofferman wrote:
My prediction:

Repeat.

exactly, but on the other side people in this forum are like: respawn > every developer in the world , so go figure :)

22 Jun 2012, 07:06

Name me any other "console" FPS game this gen that has:

1. Balanced weapons
2. Challenging Maps
3. Solid Network Code
4. Solid matchmaking / party making
5. Smooth controls

They "HAVE" to have them all as a minimum requirement! Issues like graphics, sound, menus are secondary; since these are subjective/opinionated and if the game is good are negligible.(I.E.-can put up with)
***I'm very intrigued if someone can find the answer; because I must be living under a rock ; )***

22 Jun 2012, 07:22

BERSERKPHOENIX wrote:
Isn't it Vaan?

I don't think his job is being a CM, not like JD and Robert Bowling.

22 Jun 2012, 09:02

BERSERKPHOENIX wrote:
Name me any other "console" FPS game this gen that has:

1. Balanced weapons
2. Challenging Maps
3. Solid Network Code
4. Solid matchmaking / party making
5. Smooth controls

They "HAVE" to have them all as a minimum requirement! Issues like graphics, sound, menus are secondary; since these are subjective/opinionated and if the game is good are negligible.(I.E.-can put up with)
***I'm very intrigued if someone can find the answer; because I must be living under a rock ; )***

you are correct ,but i hope respawn put the netcode/party system first priority in their project, i'm sick of broken netcode and useless party systems

22 Jun 2012, 09:58

Spoken like a profit; but I'm still waiting to see if someone posts a game.....

For that matter; rexamine the real qualities in what makes a game infectiously popular. Many users here have their favorite games but even fewer actually take the time to highlight flaws that otherwise "null" the whole package!

01 Jul 2012, 12:26

This will be the last CoD that I am buying. Just saying.

And BTW, Treyarch > IW.

PEACE.

Reply to topic  [ 768 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 31  Next

* Search 

Search for:
Jump to: