Login

* Register
View unread posts

* Search 

[ 261 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

29 Jun 2011, 14:17

I am reading alot of posts about what they think the screenshot is or could be.. lets discuss it here if you please..

My opinion....

It looks like a village, like a "runescape" "age of empires" type scene.

i see people saying its 2 hands like a guy walking with his hands hiding his face, or a chimney, etc... it makes me wonder are we looking at the same "blurry" image after all?

Notice, clouds, mountains on each side, a village of some sort, the object in the middle of screen could be a "castle" a fortress, a fort, or anything.. maybe even a chruch.. the images closest to you, looks like more of the same thats in the middles, suggesting more builiding, villages, looks run down, or old "braveheart" like scenery to me..

now its your turn... ready.. Go!!

official: this is the screen im looking at
http://www.respawn.com/games/

29 Jun 2011, 14:20

It certainly looks like a wide open area. Perhaps they are working on a large team-based type shooter? Perhaps something like MAG...

29 Jun 2011, 14:28

This is how it looks like when it's sharpened up.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 ... rryimg.png

Anyway, those 2 buildings with pillars at the corner, it could possibly be some sort of ruins or some old building. I notice the building on the left is an enterance to inside.

There seems to be water and/or field with grass surrounded those 2 buildings with pillars.

On the left side, that building.. it looks like there are 3 floors you can go up to, and possibly an underground tunnel going to the building with the pillars.

The sphere.. it might be some sort of alien command post perhaps? lol who knows.. it's sci-fi after all

29 Jun 2011, 14:31

It looks like some sort of Post-Apocalyptic world to me.

29 Jun 2011, 14:31

Nice analysis Tension.

Very descriptive, although I thought the Sphere was a full moon.

29 Jun 2011, 14:36

i look at the building on the left and see a small tower-like fortress style structure.

i look at the brown-ish building just off center and it looks like a warehouse, except it has that obelisk or spire sort of thing.

i look at the bottom right corner and see a bridge as well as a sign post.

i look at the background and see an open, green, mountainous region.

nothing seems to be consistent and this bothers me. it would be pretty difficult to unravel this image without any kind of enhancement done to it, because of this lack of consistency.

29 Jun 2011, 14:37

again, imo its a typical panoramic photo of Yosemite National forest with half dome on the right hand side.

29 Jun 2011, 14:38

imagine if its like a new uncharted but a fps

29 Jun 2011, 14:40

I see the Loch Ness monster's neck.

29 Jun 2011, 14:42

AmaZe360 wrote:
imagine if its like a new uncharted but a fps

Far Cry 3. Have you seen the trailer? Its like Uncharted but a FPS. The awesome graphics and voice acting is top notch.

29 Jun 2011, 14:43

I've made this analysis on another thread here, but here it is again:

The thing in the middle is a building, made of common materials. Kind of looks like logs, concrete, tin roof, etc. The long thing is a chimney, behind the building there's a water tower. I've actually done enough tinkering with the lighting and contrasts that there's a small "5" (clear as day light)right at the base of the chimney, it looks like a watermark of some sort, not a part of the photo. The blur to the left of the photo is no doubt a building as well. The things towards the bottom and to the right are the tops of roofs.

Here is the edited photo that I have taken all of my analysis from:
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt19 ... espawn.jpg

Here is a diagram version of the photo:
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt19 ... spawn2.jpg

Item 1. is the water tower
Item 2. is the the "5" water mark. The "5" is in between Item 2. and Item 6.
Item 3. is the roof tops
Item 4. is the chimney
Item 5. is the tin roof
Item 6. is the wood logs, making up the entrance to the building.

TIP: TO HELP YOUR EYES ADJUST AND NOTICE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, OPEN UP THE FOLLOWING TWO LINKS IN SEPARATE TABS, FLIP BETWEEN THE TWO.

Link 1: (Original Photo at the "Games Section")
http://www.respawn.com/wp-content/uploa ... /games.jpg
Link 2: (My Edits)
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt19 ... espawn.jpg

Last edited by Batman on 29 Jun 2011, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

29 Jun 2011, 14:44

Killophile wrote:
Nice analysis Tension.

Very descriptive, although I thought the Sphere was a full moon.

At first, I was thinking about that, but after looking at the brown pathway from that sphere looking type, it seems like it could lead to the building on the left and right.

29 Jun 2011, 14:46

I might sit down and enhance the image myself tomorrow.
Will post anything related to that in this topic.

29 Jun 2011, 16:11

interesting thoughts... keep them coming...

29 Jun 2011, 16:32

I've been looking at this for a while, I don't think anything is buildings at all. It actually looks like someone's hand in the bottom right with a bullet in it, the circular shaped object looks more like a western style six shooter chamber, but only with 4 places to put bullets. I'll keep looking but i'm 90% sure that's a hand bottom right.

29 Jun 2011, 19:00

was just looking at the pic, heres my impression.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9208/gamesb.jpg

29 Jun 2011, 19:21

These are ruins. Possibly apocalyptic. Looks jungly, there are mountains and possibly an active weather system. Possibly not on Earth.

29 Jun 2011, 19:34

I feel silly analyzing something as incredibly vague as this screenshot, but here goes:

There are obviously two buildings - the tall dark grey one in the left foreground which looks to be a 4 or 5 story apartment block or something like that. The other one is the low (1 story or so) building to the right, which is made of bricks and has one or more smoke stacks, and looks like it's a factory or warehouse or something.

It appears like these places are kind of run down, whether that implies apocalypse or just urban decay remains to be seen... it could be a screenshot from one of the Eastern European areas of Modern Warfare for all we know.

If it is indeed post apocalypse, whatever it was didn't destroy the atmosphere or climate because the scene is quite verdant with a lot of green vegetation. It also could be water, it's hard to tell... but those brown raised areas near the second building could be docks, or maybe just roads or ramps of some kind.

Besides that, it looks like there are rocky mountains in the background, the area is quite temperate, and the sky looks like there's a storm coming.

Basically, could be anything... all we know is that it's modern, it looks like Earth and the world isn't a barren post-nuclear desert wasteland at least.

29 Jun 2011, 20:58

It reminds me of a scene from Bad Company 2. In the middle of a valley covered in nothing but jungle with a little compound tucked in the center.

29 Jun 2011, 20:59

It might be me but I see the face of an alien. If you sit farther back and look at the picture you can see the outline of a face but it's not your typical human face.

I think this might be one of those mind pictures (forget what they're actually called.)

I'll have to post a pic of what I'm actually seeing as no one has mentioned anything about it.

30 Jun 2011, 10:36

So what's the overall consensus of what kind of game it will be? I'm guessing a, well maybe not. What do you guys think?

30 Jun 2011, 10:38

I am hoping of it not taking place on earth for some reason.

30 Jun 2011, 10:39

Looks like a warehouse in the jungle, with a watchtower to the left. Impromptu prison maybe?

30 Jun 2011, 11:02

latch360 wrote:
So what's the overall consensus of what kind of game it will be? I'm guessing a, well maybe not. What do you guys think?

All we know for sure is that it's a sci-fi shooter and it's a brand new IP so it's not something we've ever seen or heard of before.

30 Jun 2011, 11:30

i did a little hdr toning to the image here is my result:
http://i54.tinypic.com/33z4i0x.jpg

maybey you can see more with this picture

(srry for my bad enlisch)

Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

* Search 

Search for:
Jump to: