Login

* Register
View unread posts

* Search 

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

18 Dec 2013, 20:27

Is there any information regarding Sniper Rifles and/or a similar style of weapon (1-3 shot kill at long range)? I have scoured around the web a bit and found a few posts that implied there were Snipers in the game from news organization that played the game, like IGN and RPS, but I have been unable to find anything concrete.

I am not concerned about how "hard" you think sniping will be, due to the fast movement mechanics and Titans, I just want to know if they will be in the game.

Update 12/20/2013

scriptacus wrote:
Sniping is in the game, but due to how the game plays it's a pretty different animal than you'll find in your run of the mill modern military shooter. Quick scoping and no scoping are ineffective.

Last edited by Spectrop on 20 Dec 2013, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.

19 Dec 2013, 00:12

snipers = campers... But I would be appreciate if snipers scope can be customized to iron sight or reflex sight..

19 Dec 2013, 00:59

I'm not aware of any sniper weapons being announced or shown yet.

19 Dec 2013, 07:37

I hope not; sniper rifles ruined BF4 and CoD

19 Dec 2013, 07:42

There is game footage where a titan was using a weapon that looked like a railgun, which is effectively a sniper rifle without a scope. Titan Arc Cannon. in the e3 video

19 Dec 2013, 13:37

Sniper rifles have never, EVER ruined a game. People who like to camp and do absolutely nothing to help their team (specially while playing objective based games) do ruin the games.

Weapons do not kill people in real life, it's PEOPLE who do so.

You can see me playing BF3 here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTfooxMnRj8), using a sniper rifle, going 70-17 in 20 minutes. Guys in 2nd and 3rd place were using assault kits and went 52-21 and 22-8. Just a small example, i can provide more if needed to rest this case. The saying that "sniper = camping" is nothing but BS that you see in public servers from people who are as clueless as it gets. In BF, i see people camping on the most ridiculous spots we can think of, using engineer and support also.

I hope Respawn will give us a sniper rifle / bolt action weapon. There has to be a single shot weapon for those who want a bigger challenge (for titans we know this will be true, but there has to be something like this for pilots as well), not just a spray and pray fest.

19 Dec 2013, 14:00

The class / loadout of sniper is to camp. That's what snipers do. They pick people off from a distance & a location that most will not see or think of. Snipers are not meant to run & gun & be a Rambo...

19 Dec 2013, 14:02

leg1t wrote:
Sniper rifles have never, EVER ruined a game. People who like to camp and do absolutely nothing to help their team (specially while playing objective based games) do ruin the games.

You can see me playing BF3 here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTfooxMnRj8), using a sniper rifle, going 70-17 in 20 minutes. Guys in 2nd and 3rd place were using assault kits and went 52-21 and 22-8. Just a small example, i can provide more if needed to rest this case. The saying that "sniper = camping" is nothing but BS that you see in public servers from people who are as clueless as it gets. In BF, i see people camping on the most ridiculous spots we can think of, using engineer and support also.

I hope Respawn will give us a sniper rifle / bolt action weapon. There has to be a single shot weapon for those who want a bigger challenge (for titans we know this will be true, but there has to be something like this for pilots as well), not just a spray and pray fest.

Your video further proves the point. the 1st kill you were hiding in a bus staring at 1 spot waiting for somebody to pass by it and they did and you killed them. its the inherent problem of snipers in video games. they are too easy to use between the power and distance they provide, then the broken mechanics allow people to use them like shotguns (quick scoping) in CQC for OSKs. SRs are always broken and it causes bad play in most people. Mind you i'm not saying all people that snipe suck, because they don't. But the guns themselves are always poorly balanced.

19 Dec 2013, 14:11

Hiding ? Have you seen the whole video ?! What ridiculous statement. I'm on the OBJECTIVE area, playing with cover, i would get that kill with ANY weapon. I knew the guy was coming, and as you could see, after i got him, i instantly moved to get another guy. It's called "reading the game". There is a clear difference between waiting 2 / 3 seconds for someone to show up on "X" area, and camping in some place the whole time, even if the action is on the opposite side of the map.

Playing agressive with a sniper rifle takes the most skill in a fps game, hands down.

As annoying as it may be, it's not my problem if people want to camp a thousand miles away from the objectives, me and many, many others do not.

Sniper rifles / bolt action rifles are a must have in fps.

Bassani wrote:
The class / loadout of sniper is to camp. That's what snipers do. They pick people off from a distance & a location that most will not see or think of. Snipers are not meant to run & gun & be a Rambo...

Snipers are not meant to run & gun ?! Says who ?!

Have you ever seen any top player using a sniper ?! He will be constantly moving, constantly controlling important areas, constantly reading the game. He will be all over the place, he will be all over you.

Last edited by leg1t on 19 Dec 2013, 14:32, edited 4 times in total.

19 Dec 2013, 14:20

i'll agree with you that a large part of aiming is timing, and that it is a shame that some games do largely eliminate the need to time your shots by making spraying an effective strategy. Although fov limiter of the scope makes sniper rifles unappealing to me. Bolt action rifle, shotgun with either slug or that fires pellets in a consistent pattern, maybe a pistol with a very small clip would be what i'm hoping for. Or just you know, whatever is accurate and requires you to time your shots, a crossbow for all i care.

19 Dec 2013, 14:40

leg1t wrote:
Hiding ? Having you seen the whole video ?! What ridiculous statement. I'm on the OBJECTIVE area, i would get that kill with ANY weapon. I knew the guy was coming, and as you could see, after i got him, i instantly moved to get another guy. It's called "reading the game". There is a clear difference between waiting 2 / 3 seconds for someone to show up on "X" area, and camping in some place the whole time, even if the action is on the opposite side of the map.

Playing agressive with a sniper rifle takes the most skill in a fps game, hands down.

As annoying as it may be, it's not my problem if people want to camp a thousand miles away from the objectives, me and many, many others do not.

Sniper rifles / bolt action rifles are a must have in fps.

Bassani wrote:

Snipers are not meant to run & gun ?! Says who ?!

Have you ever seen any top player using a sniper ?! He will be constantly moving, constantly controlling important areas, constantly reading the game. He will be all over the place, he will be all over you.

You people play too much pubs.

I honestly stopped after the 1st kill, and i never said that it doesn't take skill, it does to run and gun with one, but the guy all the way across the map with a semi auto spamming shots hoping to get lucky = no skill. and thats what a large % are. SR mechanics need to be tuned down. the time to scope and fire needs to be brought up and only bolt actions should exist.

19 Dec 2013, 14:58

Yes, i mentioned the possibility of a bolt action rifle, just some kind of weapon that takes more skill to use than the typical SMG (which i'm perfectly fine with).

I do agree on the quick scoping issue (already mentioned it before).

19 Dec 2013, 15:12

leg1t wrote:
Yes, i mentioned the possibility of a bolt action rifle, just some kind of weapon that takes more skill to use than the typical SMG (which i'm perfectly fine with).

I do agree on the quick scoping issue (already mentioned it before).

the only game i seen that had good snipers in it was halo, which is why they weren't used too often and the BR and DMR were popular. they also didn't have OP ARs and SMGs and shotguns were balanced to be useful due to health and other guns not being OP. Halo is one of the few games that really nailed multiplayer balance

19 Dec 2013, 18:02

leg1t wrote:

I watched your video. Lots of quickscoping and no scoping. I don't want that in Titanfall, no thanks.

19 Dec 2013, 20:04

Sniping is in the game, but due to how the game plays it's a pretty different animal than you'll find in your run of the mill modern military shooter. Quick scoping and no scoping are ineffective.

19 Dec 2013, 20:15

scriptacus wrote:

We know sooo little about this game. Every time you bestow us with some juicy nugget of info like this I can't help but wonder if you get in trouble for it, haha.

19 Dec 2013, 21:10

Bassani wrote:

PREACH ON BROTHER!!! i know it's a game but I dare someone to run, pull up a 50cal to their eye and pull the trigger and see if they don't end up flat on their back in crying pain! it's not even close to true

19 Dec 2013, 21:12

scriptacus wrote:

I'm pontificating that it's a charged shot or something Focused EMP or "RAIL" gun, am I close? I put $10 on it!

19 Dec 2013, 23:36

There's a distinct difference between 'camping' and using a sniper rifle from one spot and then moving. If you wait in one protected spot with a sniper taking out guys then you're not camping. With a sniper you move around an area, covering the objective and yes you wait in the best vantage point (or second best if it's too obvious) waiting for the enemy. That's how a sniper rifle works. You're not meant to be running around corners right up to the enemy, however to say that anyone using a sniper rifle and not doing that is camping is stupid. It's also the kind of retardedness that fugged me off about the COD community.

If someone sits in an obscure part of the map doing nothing for the entire game, or a corner or a doorway waiting for people to come through. That is camping.

If someone strategically covers an area with a long range weapon and moves around to various spots, or hell even if they're sat in one place for an entire game but you're not good enough to get to them. That isn't camping. It's playing the game, and damn realistically.

20 Dec 2013, 04:16

if someone don't camp with sniper doesn't mean anyone don't.. everyone knows that majority of players camp when using snipers.. BTW this game hasn't launched yet so basically we can just assume how snipers will have impact in this game depends on gun balancing and fast action... ;-)

20 Dec 2013, 04:22

I was never worried about snipers or camping for that matter. If someone is camping and kills you twice then you're just bad, you know exactly were they are and have every advantage possible while going into a second engagement you can also just choose to avoid the area. Your choices and ability to approach the situation or area in anyway you choose give you the distinct advantage and therefore you should be killing them your second time around making the whole thing a moot point

As for snipers again if I'm able to wall run, double jump and cloak for short periods of time lets just say I am not in the slightest bit worried about it at all

20 Dec 2013, 04:24

so for at least one gun type, ads is necessary to be at all effective with. : /

20 Dec 2013, 08:38

scriptacus wrote:

We'll see about that...

Would you compare the sniping in Titanfall to the likes of sniping in the latest Crysis titles?

20 Dec 2013, 12:32

scriptacus wrote:

Thank you! I can deal with sniper rifles being in the game if they are balanced. Please don't give in to the quick scoping crowd.

Fullthr0ttle21 wrote:
I'm pontificating that it's a charged shot or something Focused EMP or "RAIL" gun, am I close? I put $10 on it!

Something like that would be perfect. It would force people to snipe properly.

20 Dec 2013, 14:03

scriptacus wrote:

From your post I am assuming sniping will follow the sniping in games like Tribes: Ascend (a game I quite familiar with; Snipers deal only moderate damage, taking 2-4 bullets to kill a target which are often moving at very fast speeds) except on a slower scale and perhaps dealing more damage due to the nature of the game.

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

* Search 

Search for:
Jump to: