Login

* Register
View unread posts

* Search 

[ 448 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

16 Feb 2014, 04:26

As there are numerous topics being created regarding this topic everything from now on will be merged in here to try and keep all discussion in one place.

UPDATE 23/03/2014: The Australian server is online.

This post will be updated as further news is provided.

16 Feb 2014, 04:40

lmao, you can't stop us bro, you can't "merge" us, we want servers, this is censorship, free Nelson Mandela , free Pussy Riot, give Australia servers in our own damn region.

16 Feb 2014, 04:42

Pussy Riot were let out of prison before the Olympics and I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but Nelson Mandela is dead :(

16 Feb 2014, 04:45

"Here at respawn we are damn proud to sell you a product for a higher price for the one time offer of higher latency. Enjoy and suck eggs, give us your money!"

Seriously guys I'd would have had more respect if you just delayed release here until servers are ready and not try to sneek in a sub optimal product to unsuspecting buyers.

Last edited by CPMartin on 16 Feb 2014, 04:46, edited 1 time in total.

16 Feb 2014, 04:45

Turambar wrote:
Pussy Riot were let out of prison before the Olympics and I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but Nelson Mandela is dead :(

yeah & you know how Nelson Mandela died?

it was from a broken heart over Sth Africa having no servers in their region.

16 Feb 2014, 05:01

Wow, way to trivialize the death of a great man who advocated for human rights.

16 Feb 2014, 05:35

Dude, you're flaming your own situation (I'm talking to the mod).

16 Feb 2014, 06:53

I agree with the need for australian servers, but disagree with some of the remarks on this post. We understand that microsoft is doing what they can but alot of your consumers are from australia- iv already preordered it assuming there would be a server list or atleast an australian server. Its good theyre going what they can though i suppose. Better late then never. But please take in mind that autralian players seem to lose alot of the gunfights in-game, and tend to have delayed shots and hitmarkers. it really does influence my competitive edge, so i don't think thats fair.

16 Feb 2014, 08:50

There is no doubt that Respawn, and particularly EA and Microsoft have the resources to make local servers happen wherever the game is sold IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO.

This is beyond a joke. What we are asking for is not unrealistic in any way, in fact, it is one of the major selling points of the game. For a game referred to by senior Microsoft management as "the most important release of the year" this is gonna have a huge public relations backlash.

Titanfall is a great game, it would be stupid if it failed commercially in Australia because some faceless execs were too cheap to spring for some servers.

16 Feb 2014, 09:07

AussieServers wrote:
Turambar wrote:

yeah & you know how Nelson Mandela died?

it was from a broken heart over Sth Africa having no servers in their region.

Where's the like button?

16 Feb 2014, 11:34

Quote:
Titanfall is a great game, it would be stupid if it failed commercially in Australia because some faceless execs were too cheap to spring for some servers.

The problem is right there, it probably won't fail in this country (at least in terms of sales) because a good chunk of potential buyers won't even know it's a problem before its too late, especially the people who are going to buy the X1 console just to play the game. It's a really dirty thing that's about to happen.

16 Feb 2014, 12:56

I just contacted Microsoft support about this issue and was told that EA run the servers and I should contact them. After pointing out that the servers REQUIRED for Titanfall were Azure data centres I was totally ignored and told repeatedly that EA "own" the servers for Titanfall...pointless going any further there, it was like speaking to a wall, sooo, off to the EA support...

After much trouble I discovered that the EA live support link is in fact dead and returns a 404 page not found error. So I placed a support request on their support forums, which was promptly dismissed by one of their so called support staff, who explained to me that my issue was with Respawn and Microsoft, as EA only publishes the game. Another brick wall...soooo, off to the Respawn forums where the support staff ignore the issue or tell us to direct our complaints to Microsoft...

It is completely and utterly clear that Microsoft, EA and Respawn are all hoping this will just go away. The advertising is ramping up, yet it doesn't mention the lack of local servers, which was a major selling point of the hype machine.

Simply disgusting. Count me out for a Titanfall sale.

16 Feb 2014, 13:39

When a lobby is full of players all displaying one bar of connection the lag is noticable but kind of tolerable. 1 vs. 1 pilot encounters are a bit of a lottery and watching the kill cams makes me boil with rage more often than not.

When 1 or more of the opposing team had 3 or 4 bars it was literally game breaking. You name it, it happens. Shot around corners? Yep. Full mags into your opponent that insta kills you with 3 bullets? Yep. Being jump kicked literally across a room on my screen but showing them far closer in the kill cam? Yep.

I'm personally cancelling my pre order and waiting to see how bad it runs when friends of mine still play it before purchasing. If the matchmaking constantly places Australian and NZ players with ppl with far lower ping then this game is a definite no-go for me.

16 Feb 2014, 13:49

Can someone please answer this?

Why can't Respawn and EA use local Australia servers like Internode until the Azure servers are set up?

PLEASE ANSWER.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why this isn't an option when everyone in AU is on a one bar connection.

16 Feb 2014, 13:53

LordBert wrote:
I just contacted Microsoft support about this issue and was told that EA runsn the servers and I should contact them. After pointing out that the servers REQUIRED for Titanfall were Azure data centres I was totally ignored and told repeatedly that EA "own" the servers for Titanfall...pointless going any further there, it was like speaking to a wall, sooo, off to the EA support...

After much trouble I discovered that the EA live support link is in fact dead and returns a 404 page not found error. So I placed a support request on their support forums, which was promptly dismissed by one of their so called support staff, who explained to me that my issue was with Respawn and Microsoft, as EA only publishes the game. Another brick wall...soooo, off to the Respawn forums where the support staff ignore the issue or tell us to direct our complaints to Microsoft...

It is completely and utterly clear that Microsoft, EA and Respawn are all hoping this will just go away. The advertising is ramping up, yet it doesn't mention the lack of local servers, which was a major selling point of the hype machine.

Simply disgusting. Count me out for a Titanfall sale.

This is going to be a PR nightmare after launch. So many ppl have bought XBones to play this game and BF4. BrokenFail 4 is still an ongoing mess of bugs and patches that break as much as they fix, and now we're shafted with the whole Azure server fiasco with Titanfall (or as some Australians now call it Titanfall).

It's such a shame. The game is awesome and the devs should be proud. The experience for Aussie and Kiwi gamers is crap however and MS should be ashamed. I think angry consumers will blindly blame and hate all involved though. EA, Respawn and Microsoft. Ah well...

16 Feb 2014, 14:07

Shpondra wrote:
Can someone please answer this?

Why can't Respawn and EA use local Australia servers like Internode until the Azure servers are set up?

PLEASE ANSWER.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why this isn't an option when everyone in AU is on a one bar connection.

I believe the Azure servers are a necessity as a lot of background calculations are done in the cloud for improved game performance.

This link explains it far better than I can:
http://www.respawn.com/news/lets-talk-a ... ive-cloud/

At the end of the day Australian and New Zealand customers will make up a far smaller percentage of the overall global playerbase than customers in the U.S. and Europe. We aren't worth as much money in sales so we aren't deemed as important to keep happy.

The game will sell well here but people that haven't played the beta are going to be pissed. I'm going to not be surprised when EB Games store shelves are full of pre owned copies of this game. By the time we get Azure servers I'll be able to pick up a second hand copy for $20.

16 Feb 2014, 14:54

It's too little too late if i'ts no servers for us at launch then there is no point in owning the game at launch. My money can be better spent elsewhere, thank you RS and MS for screwing a whole country over .

16 Feb 2014, 15:23

I suggest either making an announcement to Australians before the game is launched providing an ETA on when we expect to have Azure servers functional in Australia.

If that isn't possible then you should enforce a warning to retailers to ensure people buying the game in Australia (Atleast the East Coast) are fully aware of the latency issues and that it won't be fixed for a decent period of time.

This is the only fair solution. If nothing is done then I'll be lead to believe that EA/Microsoft/Respawn do not give a damn about people in Australia buying a full price game whilst unaware of the game breaking issues.

16 Feb 2014, 15:38

geo355 wrote:
I suggest either making an announcement to Australians before the game is launched providing an ETA on when we expect to have Azure servers functional in Australia.

If that isn't possible then you should enforce a warning to retailers to ensure people buying the game in Australia (Atleast the East Coast) are fully aware of the latency issues and that it won't be fixed for a decent period of time.

This is the only fair solution. If nothing is done then I'll be lead to believe that EA/Microsoft/Respawn do not give a damn about people in Australia buying a full price game whilst unaware of the game breaking issues.

+1

16 Feb 2014, 16:10

Coming from 5-6 hours on the Beta, it isnt as bad as I expected but its still far from acceptable.

For reference I am located in Sydney, with iinet as ISP and get 20mb/1mb on ADSL2. Connecting to the Singapore servers gets me a reported ping of between 145-170ms.

For the most part the game is playable but it is really dependent on the connections of all players. If everyone is on the same (i.e. poor 1-bar) connections then the latency shared makes it fair, if far from perfect.

When anyone comes into a match with a better connection its instantly noticeable just how bad the latency is for you even trying to compete.

What I've found even worse is using precision weapons like the DMR Sniper Rifle. Basically forget it. I endured over 6 rounds using this weapon in a variety of connected matches and the latency just ruins it. I'm not saying I'm massively proficient with it but even against the Grunts/Minions its quite clear the latency is affecting its performance.

Resolutions?

1. Get us local servers pronto. (worth a shot)

2. Give us open communication/feedback as to when that is happening.

3. Make a select cluster of servers in the closest Data-Center to Australia only accessible to Australian IPs... i.e. Exclude people with better connections.

16 Feb 2014, 16:15

Abhishek
Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Abhishek. How may I assist you today?

you
hi I am trying to cancel my titanfall pre-order but it won't let me because I used paypal

you
message since you used a payment method other than credit card you cannot cancel this pre-order for assistance contact ea help center

Abhishek
I am sorry to hear about it, I'll do my best to fix this for you.

Abhishek
Before proceeding, may I have your first/last name and your origin email address to update the database?

you
Name Email

you
for the record it's because I live in Australia and we have been informed that there will be no Australian servers at launch

Abhishek
Thanks

you
i have played the beta it's a great game and the pings make it unbearable

Abhishek
Please allow me some time to locate the acocunt

you
no problem

Abhishek
Yup, ites really a fantastic one as I am seeing the heavy influx

Abhishek
Can you provide me the order # ?

you
Order Number

Abhishek
Lets quickly verify the account ownership to proceed further.

you
ok

Abhishek
Please answer the security question linked with your account

Abhishek
Question

you
Answer

Abhishek
Thanks

Abhishek
Can you confirm the billing address too saved in your payment details ?

you
Adress

Abhishek
Thanks

Abhishek
I have reviewed the order and processing the refund now

you
thank you

Abhishek
The amount will roll back in your account within 7-10 business days.

Abhishek
Is there anything else I may assist you with today ?

you
if the situation does improve then i will buy it later but no point in having it if it won't work on launch, nothing else thank you for your assistance. Will that show on my credit card or paypal?

Abhishek
Sure thing.

Abhishek
In your PayPal

you
thank you

Abhishek
Thank you for contacting EA. I appreciate your time. Have a great day.
Bye, Take care.

Abhishek
You may feel free to end the session now, please click on "END CHAT" button and fill the feedback form so that I can further process the case.
Advisor is typing a message

16 Feb 2014, 16:33

This is the ping I get to the closest data center which is West USA from Auckland, New Zealand. Basically it's 1 bar to the nearest server.

http://imgur.com/4rnbwyi

All I'm asking from Respawn Entertainment is what is their plan for Titanfall servers for Australia & New Zealand if the high latency is just not good enough to play the game.

Since the devs did ask for feedback about the beta and as far as connectivity goes, it's unacceptable. Is there a plan B, an alternative that will allow us to play with minimal latency or are we expected to play on West USA or South East Asian servers and get a terrible experience in terms of latency.

16 Feb 2014, 16:41

It's such a relief to be refunded for the pre-order now all I can do do is watch and keep my eyes on the boards, I wish you all good luck and as I told the assistant from EA I will buy it down the line when Aus/NZ get server support.

16 Feb 2014, 18:21

how the hell can you sell a game thats only online with a minimum ping of 130. its beyond lazy. so thanks for letting me play the beta so i can tell everyone i know not to buy this garbage. thanks EA respawn and microsoft for showing us the "power of the cloud"

16 Feb 2014, 18:50

yeah, coming to Australia in person and hyping the game up so much, to then release it unplayable is just a massive slap in the face for Australians, vote with your wallets, and get everyone else you know to do the same

Reply to topic  [ 448 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

* Search 

Search for:
Jump to: