Login

* Register
View unread posts

* Search 

[ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next

17 Feb 2014, 07:03

SamTheLost wrote:
As has been discussed in the other hundred threads. The game is perfectly playable with 100-200ms ping. They're also working with Microsoft to get a datacenter set up in Australia but it may not be ready for launch. It really is unbelievable how few people have the ability to read or search...

The game may be "playable", as in it will likely boot up and be operational with 100 to 200ms ping, but will it provide an enjoyable lag free experience? Of course not.

If you want to talk unbelievable, lets discuss a game REQUIRING a specific server type, but failing to provide said servers in many of the regions the title is being released.

It really IS unbelievable to me that you think 100 to 200ms ping will lead to good game experiences.

After looking at your profile (2000+ posts? you ARE invested in this aren't you?) I noticed that your location is "Rightwayroundworld". May I ask, will there be local servers in your region?

17 Feb 2014, 08:13

Ninjaj08 wrote:
I think everyone is being a bit critical, for what its worth its a great game with huge potential. Do you really think respawn is happy about the situation? They have been screwed by microsoft, just like the rest of us.

This is Respawns debut, flagship product. They need this to be a success. If you want rage at someone, rage at MS, this is their balls up!

How is screwing Respawn over by cancelling preorders going to help? if you want results boycott MS, they are the ones who made this mess.

You don't need to build a datacenter to host a server. Australia has plenty of datacenters with space available to rent. Nobody was under the impression Microsoft would be ready in time for launch so an interim solution should've been brought online in the meantime.

Respawn's first game and one of the Xboner's launch titles having awful performance in one of the Xbox's biggest markets isn't good for anyone's business. The entire situation is a huge, insulting middle finger to consumers.

17 Feb 2014, 15:32

hey u guys getting up console players should stfu real fast.

just coz u play on pc doesn't mean squat, most of us PREFER console.

BF4 has servers in our region & i get 5 bars with very little lag.

the rubberbanding in that game is what everyone gets , read BF4 pc forum.

sick of you pc guys pretending you're poo don't stink, pc gaming ain't all that.

to the guy saying "100/200ms is perfectly playable" you must be a casual.

130-150ms is what most get & it goes to crap all the time in game.

also, if the MS employee said we'll have servers on launch i'll believe it when i see it.

to me it would be very smart for Respawn to tell Aussies this is true so we can uncancel our pre-orders.

17 Feb 2014, 15:53

Would really like aussie servers
Was wondering why I had 2 bars
And thats a good connection for us?

Australia bought plenty of xbox ones
Microsoft even bragged about it.
I suggest use look after those customers

17 Feb 2014, 16:04

After speaking with Microsoft support AGAIN, they tell me that they were "unfortunately incorrect" and that they "misunderstood" my questions.

There will be no local servers for Australia at launch. I will not be purchasing Titanfall. I hope ALL gamers that have been screwed by a lack of local servers show Microsoft, EA and Respawn that our money matters just as much as the American Dollar or the Euro. Give this game a miss and show all involved that we ALL deserve what they promised us, a lag free "cloud" powered experience.

The bad PR that is currently being generated by this situation will leave a lasting stain. This is not going to go away or just blow over, things are only gonna get worse when many unsuspecting gamers rush home with their launch day copy, fire it up and discover that they are required to use servers located on another continent at 150+ms ping. Refunds will be demanded left, right and centre and Respawn's name will be forever tarnished. Microsoft and EA will cop it too, but they are well used to customer scorn, they are so obscenely wealthy they can take the financial hit, and their reputations can hardly get any worse.

17 Feb 2014, 16:40

Got to admit, seriously dissapointing in the high ping / no local servers.

This game will be a huge success in the clan wars world of comp play. IF the pings were low.

I love the game play, love the movement, love the fire fights, HATE the high pings that we are going to be forced to accept. I am playing well on 120-160pings over all, however there will be no local comps / tournaments in Aus / NZ with this setup. It will be a fail.

I am really sad about that, I was really looking forward for a good replacement for my COD:MW1 ProMod / PAM4 scrim days. BF series has failed to provide a good HC tournament / ladder and TitanFaill was going to do that for me I had hoped... guess I am wrong.

I was about to pre order but thought I would visit the forums, decided not to. This is a shame as I was ordering two copies for my 2 PCs, 5 clan mates were about to do it also and 6 other mates pending my beta feedback. We WILL NOT BE ORDERING THIS GAME NOW.

17 Feb 2014, 16:47

BF4 has it's issues on certain days but at least i have Oceanic servers to play on when it works.

also, 32 v 32 is what i expect for next gen, no bots just a heap of real people.

17 Feb 2014, 16:49

Just an update from me.

Things have become progressively worse following the beta going public and letting significantly more players into the same matches with better connections.

I'm still getting around 150ms+ average and that equates to 1-bar in-game and whilst it can be playable at times, once anyone else joins that has a better connection the game becomes a complete mess.

Had a couple of rounds against 3-4 bar connection players who must be getting <50ms ping and it was unplayable. Pilots warping around the level, hits not registering etc... the whole gamut of latency issues laid bare.

As this is basically what we can expect on launch day (given player numbers) this is what we will receive for the duration. It's completely unacceptable.

17 Feb 2014, 17:14

Population Vs Distance Vs language divide!

Distance
-Australia has almost the same land mass as USA, you add in New Zealand Indonesia Singapore and Thailand and you have a massive land mass... for 1 south east Asia server, not to mention Australia's internet is woeful considering it's new NBN is getting slowly installed. the server bottlenecking is just disgraceful

-look at the USA CANADA MEXICO, and most likely all of south America, is understandable that the USA have 4 servers looking after that gap of the states.

Populations
-Short story more people in Asia, more people in the USA more people in Europe.
-30 million people in Aus/Nz that's 10% of America and the fractions get smaller the more we add things up.

the language divide
- no offence towards the northern parts of south east Asia, but the lobby chat is going to be really dull when you have a language divide ... that being said and not one to want to cause a riff in social and racial difference, having a full game of friends mates colleagues and acquaintances, for some competitive gaming and fun where you can actually work out if you made a good shot by aim or Ping is really frustrating.

The problem is where do you make the servers if they were to come to Australian or New Zealand shores...

the cost of installing running and maintaining the servers comes at a cost. now to have 4 servers in Australia is a bit much but because of the locality differences you almost need a server in NEWCASTLE CAMBERRA ADELAIDE PERTH or Sydney Melbourne Perth Auckland...

Provided that in the future other Respawn games can utilise these servers so that there is no waste of space come the future.

Now all the huff going around is that 1 have friends who live no more than 20 minutes away on the same type of internet connection and get 300 - 350 ms every game where im getting 110 - 150.

the only other way this could work is the local hosting where my PC and gaming suffers because I get host to host other local players... I take it there will be a form of private matches come the release date.

In short the best PC FPS to come out in Australia in YEARS could be the least played... although we are a persistently addictive class, so you might even find us on the US servers just to get a ping advantage coz we are so freaking far away... CALL OF DUTY MW2 being the last enjoyable FPS

another game that comes to mind with these types of servers is Combat Arms by NEXON... they still don't have an Australia server, and it was almost 7 years ago that game came out.

FREAKING WICKED BETA... sadly the servers Vs the pistol MK are the only Sad point for us Aussie and Kiwi Gamers

17 Feb 2014, 17:27

New Zealand player here, Whether its the us west or SEA server its 1 bar connection on xbox1 and 180 - 250 latency. In MY opinion anything over 120 is unplayable for any first person shooter / RTS ( dota2 / league of legends ect ) ON TOP of this is the matter of matchmaking as another poster above mentioned. in some servers I am connected along side players with 20-50 ping, During combat I duck behind cover only to be teleported back 1-2 seconds prior dead. This destroys ANY element of fun to me. If we could at-least be grouped with players of equal ping it would even things out, far from a resolution but we would appreciate it a lot more then DEAD silence on this IMPORTANT matter. you advertise this as a AAA game down here - sort it out please.

17 Feb 2014, 18:31

Such a shame no local servers is really preventing me from pre ordering this game , you notice the lag so badly in kill cams and jump kicking to the point where its unbearable. They really need to make a official statement when servers will be released now ..

17 Feb 2014, 18:37

can the developers give us a clear response yet? been a while this issue has been around for and there was already a near 20 page thread with no response.

17 Feb 2014, 18:44

at this point i doubt they care. i really thought respawn could have been one of the very few trusted and respected companies in gaming but it appears i was wrong. its so deceitful to ship a game at full price only online in a region with no actual way to have good connection.

17 Feb 2014, 19:44

I think if the devs had planned to address Australian/NZ server issues at all, they would have done it by now to stem the flow of negativity.

I think its more likely they'll just deny an official response until the game drops, get the initial sales and then just write off Aus/NZ, having made their quick profit.

Its a shame, because I really enjoy this game, but I can't purchase it knowing that my entire country is no more than a couple dollarsigns to Respawn/MS/EA.

17 Feb 2014, 19:50

Don't stress people. Just cancel your orders now, and buy it again later when its cheaper and we have local servers. Probably save having to put up with the launch anyways.

17 Feb 2014, 20:18

I disagree, I think we need to keep posting. Keep letting know how much of a disgrace this is. Keep posting on their Facebook and Twitter about how we deserve local servers, and keep emailing game journalists asking them to get the word out. People need to know about this, but more importantly, it needs to change. At the very least we deserve an official response on the situation from Respawn, that consists of more than just "we tested and it's playable". We need to know what is being done to remedy the situation, and an ETA on local servers.

17 Feb 2014, 20:48

ooooTODDoooo wrote:
Ninjaj08 wrote:
I think everyone is being a bit critical, for what its worth its a great game with huge potential. Do you really think respawn is happy about the situation? They have been screwed by microsoft, just like the rest of us.

This is Respawns debut, flagship product. They need this to be a success. If you want rage at someone, rage at MS, this is their balls up!

How is screwing Respawn over by cancelling preorders going to help? if you want results boycott MS, they are the ones who made this mess.

Nope it's Respawn's game not MS. MS is not faultless but if Respawn actually cared they would find a solution. Instead they are doing nothing because they do not care.

Then you obviously have no concept of how the whole thing works. Microsoft, who are responsible for the server have known about this, I dare say, since the start. The game has been built around using cloud servers. To say respawn are at fault is nonsense.

If you want results, put the pressure on MS. Hammer them with complaints and threaten to trade your Xbox One for a PS4 (if that's the format you play on). If everyone starts boycotting Xbox that's going to get more of a result than boycotting a single game on the system. Wake up. nagging Respawn isn't going to get you anywhere.

17 Feb 2014, 20:50

Airman721 wrote:
I disagree, I think we need to keep posting. Keep letting know how much of a disgrace this is. Keep posting on their Facebook and Twitter about how we deserve local servers, and keep emailing game journalists asking them to get the word out. People need to know about this, but more importantly, it needs to change. At the very least we deserve an official response on the situation from Respawn, that consists of more than just "we tested and it's playable". We need to know what is being done to remedy the situation, and an ETA on local servers.

Exactly we need to keep posting!! spam twitter and facebook and get this noticed by other aussie and NZ gamers they all have the right to know!! if we can't get them to acknowledge us formally at least it will help inform everyone else of the issue

17 Feb 2014, 20:59

jaunty wrote:
Ninjaj08 wrote:

You don't need to build a datacenter to host a server. Australia has plenty of datacenters with space available to rent. Nobody was under the impression Microsoft would be ready in time for launch so an interim solution should've been brought online in the meantime.

Respawn's first game and one of the Xboner's launch titles having awful performance in one of the Xbox's biggest markets isn't good for anyone's business. The entire situation is a huge, insulting middle finger to consumers.

Yeah, fair point. I think people are missing my point though. I'm saying that we should be berating MS instead of Respawn. We wont get anywhere complaining to Respawn. If you want to get results you need to make the point to the people in control i.e Microsoft. Best way to get heard? hurt their hip pocket. Switch to PS4, or cancel Live subscriptions. If they stand to lose money, they will change their attitude, just like with DRM.

17 Feb 2014, 21:14

The amount of Australians on whirlpool forums who seem happy with this awful lag is unreal. The unfortunate situation for those of us who see the problem is that the most likely scenario is that the game won't be the massive loss in Australia we need it to be. In initial sales anyway.

The game isn't close to good enough to justify the lag.

17 Feb 2014, 21:19

Ninjaj08 wrote:
ooooTODDoooo wrote:
Ninjaj08 wrote:

Nope it's Respawn's game not MS. MS is not faultless but if Respawn actually cared they would find a solution. Instead they are doing nothing because they do not care.

Then you obviously have no concept of how the whole thing works. Microsoft, who are responsible for the server have known about this, I dare say, since the start. The game has been built around using cloud servers. To say respawn are at fault is nonsense.

If you want results, put the pressure on MS. Hammer them with complaints and threaten to trade your Xbox One for a PS4 (if that's the format you play on). If everyone starts boycotting Xbox that's going to get more of a result than boycotting a single game on the system. Wake up. nagging Respawn isn't going to get you anywhere.

I completely disagree. Respawn's game = Respawn's problem.

If they cared they would do something but they obviously don't, which isn't surprising as Respawn came from Infinity Ward who have fug us around in the past.

17 Feb 2014, 21:26

please merge this thread with 450 posts and 10k views to this one also

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3806

17 Feb 2014, 22:57

Ok guys quick update, I spoke to jon shiring on twitter about this matter and basicly they are waiting for AU servers to open ( as we all know ) in the mean time I sudjested we get grouped with other players with AU/NZ to eliminate the 240vs 20 ping battles and the obvious problem of us flooding in to Singapore servers where they don't speak English.
Lets hope we get some results. sadly NOTHING!@!@! will be done about the latency till azure servers open ( later this year ) /

17 Feb 2014, 22:59

Ninjaj08 wrote:
jaunty wrote:
Ninjaj08 wrote:

Yeah, fair point. I think people are missing my point though. I'm saying that we should be berating MS instead of Respawn. We wont get anywhere complaining to Respawn. If you want to get results you need to make the point to the people in control i.e Microsoft. Best way to get heard? hurt their hip pocket. Switch to PS4, or cancel Live subscriptions. If they stand to lose money, they will change their attitude, just like with DRM.

WRONG, respawn has a lot of pull with MS - do you think MS care about a few aus / nz gamers, Respawn and MS have been working together on this and its respawns jobs to provide the game functionality . you are respawn SHILL? lol

17 Feb 2014, 23:09

I think the most important thing to do here is spread awareness to other Aus/NZ players regarding the lack of local servers. People are probably expecting it to be similar to most other competitive FPS games (lots of servers everywhere)...but it's not.
Especially PC players who are used to having a server browser and custom servers, Titanfall definitely has none of that.

Spread it via Facebook, word of mouth, etc.

Reply to topic  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next

* Search 

Search for:
Jump to: