Login

* Register
View unread posts

* Search 

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

16 Jun 2013, 11:04

IOSYS wrote:
there is no excuse for not giving pc everything it needs and wants. ITS ALL DONE FOR YOU IN SOURCE. If they don't then its a blatant attempt to nickel and dime us.

This is not correct. Titanfall is built on the Source engine, but it is not a simply mod. We didn't choose Source to make a "Source game", we chose it because its a great foundation to build our own technology on. In addition to everything we've added, we've made significant changes to the engine at all levels including major changes to parts that are not accessible to modders at all. We've rewritten or rearchitected major systems to support the needs of our game and our developers, including things like rendering, lighting, visibility, networking and tools pipelines. If you don't get everything you want you're free to call this an excuse if you'd like, but it's the reality of developing a multi platform title with next gen capabilities with a relatively small team.

16 Jun 2013, 11:11

scriptacus wrote:
it's the reality of developing a multi platform title

*Facepalm

16 Jun 2013, 11:27

mistados wrote:
scriptacus wrote:
it's the reality of developing a multi platform title

*Facepalm

It is a multi platform title so I don't understand where that came from. Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. That's three platforms on day one.

16 Jun 2013, 11:58

scriptacus wrote:
IOSYS wrote:
there is no excuse for not giving pc everything it needs and wants. ITS ALL DONE FOR YOU IN SOURCE. If they don't then its a blatant attempt to nickel and dime us.

This is not correct. Titanfall is built on the Source engine, but it is not a simply mod. We didn't choose Source to make a "Source game", we chose it because its a great foundation to build our own technology on. In addition to everything we've added, we've made significant changes to the engine at all levels including major changes to parts that are not accessible to modders at all. We've rewritten or rearchitected major systems to support the needs of our game and our developers, including things like rendering, lighting, visibility, networking and tools pipelines. If you don't get everything you want you're free to call this an excuse if you'd like, but it's the reality of developing a multi platform title with next gen capabilities with a relatively small team.

True, but it would be a shame to build such a beautiful game on such a powerful engine without using it at its highest power.

We all know Source isn't known for the graphic nowadays, it is known for its fluidity and customization. We can see with our own eyes that you guys did a wonderful job with it (I don't think anyone would have recognized Source without you guys telling us,) but don't forget that with great power comes great responsibility :)

We, as PC gamers, are expecting all the features that Source has to offer. Hopefully while rewriting the engine you guys didn't forget these things, if you did however...

16 Jun 2013, 12:28

raz3r wrote:
scriptacus wrote:
IOSYS wrote:

True, but it would be a shame to build such a beautiful game on such a powerful engine without using it at its highest power.

We all know Source isn't known for the graphic nowadays, it is known for its fluidity and customization. We can see with our own eyes that you guys did a wonderful job with it (I don't think anyone would have recognized Source without you guys telling us,) but don't forget that with great power comes great responsibility :)

We, as PC gamers, are expecting all the features that Source has to offer. Hopefully while rewriting the engine you guys didn't forget these things, if you did however...

I...I, just don't have the heart to tell you....but then again, you already know, don't you?

16 Jun 2013, 12:31

scriptacus wrote:
IOSYS wrote:

Ok fair enough you guys are a small team. My response is if by spring 2014 everything pc players want is not fully functional and ready to go then delay the pc version of the game. Take as much time as you need to make a GOOD server browser, public server files for linux servers and full steamworks/workshop support for custom mods/maps made in hammer. PC players don't care how old a game is. They just want good ones. Right now there are 63,001 people playing Team Fortress 2 a game that was released in 2007. Even better right now there are 32,998 people playing the original counter strike a game that was released in 2000!!! Right now im installing the original call of duty a 10 year old game. The developers of that game didn't seem to have a problem supporting proper dedicated linux based servers or mod tools. s*** in cod1 you could even change the firing modes on most of the guns(something you cant do in any other cod). Wow there is actually lots of people still playing. s*** the game doesn't even look bad and im getting 1000 fps. Hot damn those developers of the past must of been magic you would think.

16 Jun 2013, 13:15

FSB wrote:
raz3r wrote:
scriptacus wrote:
IOSYS wrote:

I...I, just don't have the heart to tell you....but then again, you already know, don't you?

There was an "however" somewhere... xD

16 Jun 2013, 13:31

Oh please, 60 people; that's a big team, especially for a multiplayer only game. You can make a AAA multiplayer game with less than 20 experienced devs. But to heavily modify an engine will definitely take more time or require more programmers.

I've seen the gameplay footage too and it seems to me that they heavily modified the Source Engine to pull off such open environment. I guess they were more interested in the tools, which is a smart thing to do if you have enough people to modify the engine.

16 Jun 2013, 13:33

The source engine already handled large environments rather well.

16 Jun 2013, 14:03

DinerEnBlanc wrote:

Any game in reference?

16 Jun 2013, 14:19

Perhaps the greatest appeal of PC games lies in the mod community. Mods can help to greatly extend the life of any PC game.
I'm getting a distinct feeling of deja vu. Like I've been here before.. MW2 was a dark moment for PC gaming.. I just hope Titanfall doesn't follow suit..

I guess all we can do is sit back and watch the entire story unfold..
Time will tell..

Last edited by supremo on 16 Jun 2013, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.

16 Jun 2013, 14:24

Hyrage wrote:
DinerEnBlanc wrote:

Any game in reference?

The Left 4 Dead series had rather large areas with an insane amount of characters on screen to boot. They might not be as large as the Titanfall maps, but it's probably pretty darn close.

16 Jun 2013, 15:45

Hyrage wrote:
DinerEnBlanc wrote:

Any game in reference?

how about Black Mesa or Dear Esther they were pretty open sometimes.

16 Jun 2013, 16:58

Agreed, L4D renders a lot of entities. Dear Ester...I recommend it to anyone looking for a great visual experience. Wait for it to go on Sale, it will likely be 2usd. It only lasts 2hours though...worth it. :)
Back on Topic :
I hope that dev post doesn't imply that it will ship ...unpolished on PC.
They are developing for TWO platforms. They said they chose a team to port x360 version, that leaves xone + pc.. Got me worried.

16 Jun 2013, 22:47

Sigma wrote:
Agreed, L4D renders a lot of entities. Dear Ester...I recommend it to anyone looking for a great visual experience. Wait for it to go on Sale, it will likely be 2usd. It only lasts 2hours though...worth it. :)
Back on Topic :
I hope that dev post doesn't imply that it will ship ...unpolished on PC.
They are developing for TWO platforms. They said they chose a team to port x360 version, that leaves xone + pc.. Got me worried.

Well since the E3 version demoed was running on a PC I think we are safe. :)

03 Jul 2013, 09:11

raz3r wrote:
This could be the greatest chance they have, CoD1/CoD2/CoD4 were probably perfect on PC, we had full access on the game, console commands, FOV, modtools, I can't remember how much time I spent playing promod or zombie mod, or jump mod. God I had such a great time with these games.

Now there is already one good news (dedis), tbh I don't care about Steam/Origin war, I am an huge Steam fan and all of my games are there but I own BF3 and Mass Effect on Origin for instance. Problem is, if they release the game on Origin we can say goodbye to Source SDK and therefore to mods as well. Think about it Respawn, you're using Source, it would be a waste not to feature Steamworks and SDK.

Looks like BF4 devs have been discussing modding quite a bit..

Seen a funny tweet the other day.

Karel Mořický on twitter.

Quote:
@KarelMoricky Interactive Bohemian at Bohemia Interactive

#BF4 devs have been discussing modding quite a bit? http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/13/battl ... by-dice-2/ … That's cute.
In #Arma3, modders are discussing modding :)

You never know.. Respawn may shock us..
Fingers crossed..

08 Jul 2013, 06:46

Op updated.

10 Jul 2013, 08:19

Not trying to deviate the previous posts...
Its great that a PC game comes out :) And fingers crossed to keep it that way.
Steam and Origin??? Don´t really know the answer, goods and faults for both, but my guess is in Origin, its EA!!! And that might be a bad thing, look what they done to BF3 :(
COD 4 was good but after that one it came down hard.
PLEASE NO KILLSTREAKS HERE!!! campers are for other gameplay, and hope they don't come here mess this one up.
32 players in total seems fair, maps look big, more then that, i´m not sure it can keep the fun.
Now the question is system requirements???? Are they out already??
PC players must know this, and to be honest theres not much money these days to keep changing pc´s lol

10 Jul 2013, 09:06

TheLeadPoison wrote:
Steam and Origin??? Don´t really know the answer, goods and faults for both, but my guess is in Origin, its EA!!! And that might be a bad thing, look what they done to BF3 :(
PLEASE NO KILLSTREAKS HERE!!! campers are for other gameplay, and hope they don't come here mess this one up.
32 players in total seems fair, maps look big, more then that, i´m not sure it can keep the fun.
PC players must know this, and to be honest theres not much money these days to keep changing pc´s lol

System requirements usually only release like a month or two before the actual release of the game and this game isn't out for another year so don't expect to see them any time soon

10 Jul 2013, 09:10

Myth700 wrote:
TheLeadPoison wrote:

System requirements usually only release like a month or two before the actual release of the game and this game isn't out for another year so don't expect to see them any time soon

Heck, by the time this game releases next year both AMD and Nvidia will have released their new cards. I'm pretty sure most older cards could run the game too just fine lol. Don't always need the best card to run the game at max.

10 Jul 2013, 10:02

dougyfresh wrote:
Myth700 wrote:
TheLeadPoison wrote:

Heck, by the time this game releases next year both AMD and Nvidia will have released their new cards. I'm pretty sure most older cards could run the game too just fine lol. Don't always need the best card to run the game at max.

My 2 year old system has more kick than the so called next gen systems... Upgrading hasn't really been an issue since the launch of the PS3/360

Longer console cycles mean you don't need many upgrades and the actual PC's that run the games are cheaper as well because of the consoles have to be built to also be affordable so they don't take the high end components

10 Jul 2013, 10:08

Titanfall is available for pre-purchase on Origin at this time.

http://store2.origin.com/store/eaapac/e ... o_PreOrder

10 Jul 2013, 10:12

assuming that it will have significantly lower graphics settings for the 360 than the one, i wonder if that will increase the range of graphics settings available for the PC.

10 Jul 2013, 10:18

Atavax wrote:
assuming that it will have significantly lower graphics settings for the 360 than the one, i wonder if that will increase the range of graphics settings available for the PC.

The 360 is being developed independently. This says it all - the One and the PC will both run on DX11, whereas the 360 will run on DX9. So, if a PC graphics card can't handle DX11, it wont run TitanFall. There will presumably be the usual settings range for PC. Nothing special.

10 Jul 2013, 11:22

Dante wrote:
Atavax wrote:

The 360 is being developed independently. This says it all - the One and the PC will both run on DX11, whereas the 360 will run on DX9. So, if a PC graphics card can't handle DX11, it wont run TitanFall. There will presumably be the usual settings range for PC. Nothing special.

So you are implying I need to upgrade my 9800GT?!?!? :O

Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

* Search 

Search for:
Jump to: